October 24, 2017
Interagency Community Bank Teleconference: Liquidity and Funding Risk Management
The FDIC, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, and the Conference of State Bank Supervisors are jointly hosting a teleconference to discuss trends in community bank liquidity and funds management and related supervisory guidance. The teleconference is scheduled for November 6, 2017, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time (ET).
Statement of Applicability to Institutions with Total Assets Under $1 Billion: This Financial Institution Letter applies to all FDIC-supervised institutions; however, the teleconference is targeted at community bankers wanting to heighten awareness of liquidity and funding matters.
- An interagency community bank teleconference will be held on November 6, 2017, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. ET to discuss trends in liquidity and funds management as well as the guidelines articulated in the 2010 Interagency Policy Statement on Funding and Liquidity Risk Management.
- The topics that will be discussed on the teleconference include: trends in liquidity and funding; the importance of a strong liquid asset cushion and diversified funding; brokered deposit restrictions; cash flow scenario analysis and sensitivity testing; and, contingency funding planning.
- Officers and employees of all insured depository institutions are invited to participate in this teleconference.
- There is no charge for the teleconference but advance registration is required.
- Participants may register for the November 6 call at: https://www.mymeetings.com/emeet/rsvp/index.jsp?customHeader=mymeetings&Conference_ID=5785562&passcode=2207747. Please complete your registration by Tuesday, October 31st.
- After registration, a confirmation email will be provided with a toll-free number, a passcode, and a PIN for participants to gain entry to the call.
- Participants may call in from any location and are not required to be on-site at their institutions.
- Institutions may submit questions in advance of the call to [email protected]. Note that this email address is for questions only.