April 6, 2017
Consolidated Reports of Condition and Income (Call Report)
A new streamlined FFIEC 051 Call Report is available this quarter for use by eligible small institutions, generally those with domestic offices only and total assets of less than $1 billion. As previously announced, the streamlined Call Report is part of an effort by the federal banking agencies, as members of the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC), to reduce data reporting and other burdens for small institutions. In addition to the new FFIEC 051, revisions to the FFIEC 031 and FFIEC 041 versions of the Call Report also take effect this quarter. The Call Report for the March 31, 2017, report date must be submitted to the agencies’ Central Data Repository (CDR) by Sunday, April 30, 2017. Certain institutions with foreign offices have an additional five calendar days to file their reports.
Statement of Applicability to Institutions With Total Assets Under $1 Billion: This Financial Institution Letter applies to all FDIC-supervised banks and savings associations, including community institutions.
- As previously announced in FIL-82-2016 and FIL-1-2017, the banking agencies are implementing a new streamlined FFIEC 051 Call Report for eligible small institutions and burden-reducing changes to the FFIEC 031 and FFIEC 041 Call Reports this quarter.
- Eligible small institutions have the option to file either the FFIEC 051 or the FFIEC 041 Call Report. An eligible institution may continue to use the FFIEC 041 this quarter and wait until a subsequent quarter in 2017 to start using the new FFIEC 051. Beginning in 2018, an eligible institution would be expected to file the same report form, either the FFIEC 051 or the FFIEC 041, for each quarterly report date during the year.
- The first quarter 2017 Call Reports also incorporate a number of other Call Report revisions that were finalized in mid-2016 (see FIL-44-2016 and FIL-45-2016).
- The Call Report forms for March 2017 are available on the FFIEC’s website at https://www.ffiec.gov/ffiec_report_forms.htm and the FDIC’s website at https://www.fdic.gov/callreports. A separate new FFIEC 051 instruction book and an update for the instruction book for the FFIEC 031 and FFIEC 041 are expected to be available on the FFIEC’s website by April 7, 2017.
- Institutions should review FIL-14-2017 and its accompanying Supplemental Instructions for further information on the first quarter 2017 Call Report.
- For assistance with CDR system-related issues, including user accounts and passwords, please contact the CDR Help Desk by telephone at 888-CDR-3111, by fax at 703-774-3946, or by email at [email protected] between 9:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m., Eastern Time, Monday through Friday, and Saturday, April 29, 2017.