WASHINGTON — U.S. Secretary of the Treasury Janet L. Yellen attended a virtual meeting with the Technology CEO Council (TCC), a policy advocacy organization for the country’s leading information technology companies and manufacturers. Secretary Yellen highlighted the progress being made on America’s economic recovery and outlined steps the Biden-Harris Administration is taking to address semiconductor shortages and supply chain constraints. TCC and the Secretary discussed how the bipartisan infrastructure law will enable deployment of 5G networks and help more Americans be connected to the economy. They also talked about the Administration’s engagement on trade with other nations. Secretary Yellen further highlighted how enactment of President Biden’s Build Back Better Act will increase U.S. competitiveness and reduce costs for families. Attendees included:
- Cristiano Amon, President & CEO, Qualcomm Incorporated
- Michael Dell, Chairman and CEO, Dell Technologies
- Pat Gelsinger, CEO, Intel
- Enrique Lores, President & CEO, HP Inc.
- Bruce Mehlman, Executive Director, Technology CEO Council