October 10, 2018
FDIC Announces Subscription Alerts for Updates to Examination Manuals
The FDIC is offering FDIC-supervised institutions the ability to receive a notification when the agency’s Examination Manuals are updated on the website. This service will help community banks remain current on changes in instructions provided to examination staff.
Statement of Applicability to Institutions with Total Assets under $1 Billion: This Financial Institution Letter applies to all FDIC-supervised financial institutions.
- To further strengthen communications with community banks, the FDIC is providing an opportunity for institutions to receive email notifications as part of the FDIC Subscription Service when any of the four risk-management supervisory Examination Manuals are updated. These manuals are the Risk Management (RM) Manual of Examination Policies, Trust Examination (Trust) Manual, Credit Card Activities (CC) Manual, and Credit Card Securitization (Securitization) Manual.
- The RM Manual consists of instructions to examiners on supervisory matters, including how to evaluate an institution for safety and soundness. The Trust Manual addresses trust concepts, principles, common and statutory laws, and regulations that govern the behavior of fiduciaries. The CC Manual assists examiners in understanding the unique characteristics of bank credit card operations and is supplemented by the Securitization Manual that assists examiners in evaluating securitization activities.
- An opt-in service to receive alerts when the Compliance Examination Manual (CEM) is updated or revised already exists. The CEM provides supervisory instructions to examination staff that conduct consumer compliance examinations, Community Reinvestment Act performance evaluations, and other related supervisory activities. It includes supervisory policies and examination procedures for evaluating compliance with federal consumer protection laws and regulations.
- This service allows subscribers to sign up for similar alerts to other FDIC publications, including news releases, Financial Institution Letters, Supervisory Insights, and statistical analyses.
- To sign up for the alerts or access your user profile, enter your email address at https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/USFDIC/subscribers/new. If this is your first time accessing the system, you will be asked to set email options before making subscription selections.