December 2, 2019
Webinar on Revisions to the Consolidated Reports of Condition and Income (Call Report)
The federal banking agencies, under the auspices of the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC), will conduct an interagency webinar to discuss revisions to the FFIEC 051 Call Report that have been implemented in 2019 and proposed reporting changes that would take effect beginning with the first quarter 2020 report. Where appropriate, the webinar also will address revisions to the FFIEC 031 and FFIEC 041 Call Reports. The webinar is scheduled for Tuesday, December 10, 2019, from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., Eastern Time.
Statement of Applicability to Institutions with Total Assets Under $1 Billion: This Financial Institution Letter applies to all FDIC-supervised institutions, but is targeted to institutions with total assets under $5 billion.
- The banking agencies will host a banker webinar that will cover recent and proposed Call Report revisions, with a focus on changes to the FFIEC 051 Call Report. In general, the FFIEC 051 Call Report is applicable to institutions with domestic offices only and total assets under $5 billion.
- The Call Report revisions to be addressed during the webinar include reporting changes resulting from the:
- Banking agencies’ final rule on reduced reporting in Call Reports, which implements Section 205 of the Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief, and Consumer Protection Act;
- New accounting standard on credit losses;
- Agencies’ capital simplifications and community bank leverage ratio final rules;
- Exclusion of certain reciprocal deposits from being reported as brokered deposits; and
- New accounting standard on leases.
- A question-and-answer session will follow the webinar presentation.
- Information about accessing the webinar is attached to this Financial Institution Letter.
- Webinar materials will be archived for future viewing.