November 27, 2017
FDIC Announces Webinar on Resources for Accessing Affordable Mortgage Credit
The FDIC is hosting a webinar on December 8, 2017, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Eastern Time. The webinar will highlight the FDIC’s Affordable Mortgage Lending Guide, and panelists will discuss state and federal mortgage products. The goal is to increase lenders’ awareness and understanding of available mortgage lending products and services.
Statement of Applicability to Institutions with Less Than $1 Billion in Assets: This Financial Institution Letter applies to all FDIC-insured institutions.
- The FDIC webinar will focus on increasing lenders’ awareness and understanding of available state and federal mortgage lending products and resources. Participants can register for the webinar here.
- Featured speakers will include representatives from the Federal Home Loan Banks of Cincinnati and Boston, as well as the Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development. In addition, a bank mortgage lending executive with experience in combining mortgage programs to address borrower needs will discuss practical approaches to using state and federal programs and other resources.
- The webinar also will highlight the Affordable Mortgage Lending Guide, a three-part publication that takes an in-depth look at products and programs to expand access to affordable mortgage credit. The Guide includes Part I: Federal Agencies and Government Sponsored Enterprises, Part II: State Housing Finance Agencies, and Part III: Federal Home Loan Bank System.
- The Guide is available through the FDIC’s Affordable Mortgage Lending Center (https://www.fdic.gov/mortgagelending), a website that provides easy access to all of the program information found in the Guide.
- To receive notices when the Guide is updated, subscribe at https://service.govdelivery.com/accounts/USFDIC/subscriber/new.